Samaria Indian Church

Dublin Core

Title

Samaria Indian Church

Description

Samaria Indian Church was built in 1910 in Charles City County, on the former site of the Samaria Baptist Church. A group of Chickahominy families acquired the Samaria Baptist Church in 1901; they had withdrawn from the Cedar Grove and Little Elam Baptist churches and used the long-closed building to form a new congregation. The 1910 structure was dismantled to make way for a brick church, which opened in 1961.

Creator

Unknown

Source

Chickahominy Indian Tribe

Date

ca. 1910–1961

Rights

Courtesy of the Chickahominy Indian Tribe

Coverage

twentieth century

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Files

Chickahominy School, 1910.jpg

Citation

Unknown, “Samaria Indian Church,” Virginia Indian Archive, accessed August 5, 2021, https://virginiaindianarchive.org/items/show/195.

Output Formats